If you wish to practice with us, in London or remotely, you can become a member here. Membership is a donation.
T he basis of membership is mutual support. You support the Dharma and you recieve the support that can allow your practice to flourish.
Rather than making membership a commercial transaction, Zenways relies on the generosity of people like you who feel that this practice is an important part of their lives and who choose to express that feeling by contributing to our community’s development and strength. The Buddha said when gathering support members of the community should be like bees moving from flower to flower, not impacting too greatly on any individual flower. You are welcome to join with us by becoming a member. Most importantly, you will be joining with a growing number of visionary people who understand that we can do so much more together than we can alone!
When a virtuous person gives to a virtuous person with a trusting heart a gift righteously obtained, placing faith that the fruit of action is great, that gift, I say, will come to full fruition.Shakyamuni Buddha
Members’ Practice Opportunities
- Sundays at Yugagyo Dojo in Camberwell, London 4.30-6.30pm, Dharma talk and group Zen practice
- Tuesdays at Yugagyo Dojo in Camberwell, London 7-8am, group Zen practice
- Thursdays at Yugagyo Dojo in Camberwell, London 6.30-8pm, group Zen practice
- Sanzen (individual Zen encounter with Daizan Roshi or Mark Kuren Sensei) – in person or online via Skype
- Opportunity to work with a mentor. Daizan’s time is often very limited, so working with one of his senior students can be very beneficial for your practice.
- Access to members-only private website, including members-only talks (audio and transcripts), written materials, videos, and a members’ forum
- Reduced price on some activities/workshops/retreats at our dojo
- Regular Zen trip to Japan
- Opportunity to train as a Zen teacher
- Volunteer opportunities
- Sangha social activities
Become a Member
Please click on the drop-down box below for suggested membership donation options. Clicking “subscribe” will take you to Paypal where you can initiate your regular donation.
Should your situation dictate that you can give more or less than the suggested amounts, please contact email@example.com and we’ll set things up for you. No one is turned away for lack of means.
Please click on the drop-down menu for a few suggested membership donation options:
Once you have subscribed, the e-mail address associated with your paypal account will automatically be added to our e-mail list (if you want us to use a different e-mail address, please let us know). Soon after you will receive an invitation to join the Zenways members site. If at any time you wish to cancel your subscription, please let us know.
Shinzan Miyamae Roshi
Julian Daizan Skinner Roshi
A residential Zen dojo
St. Giles Trust, Camberwell
Aid for Japan
Your support is appreciated. Every little helps.
Your donations will help our work. We wish to establish a rural residential retreat centre in the UK. All of these and many other projects are ongoing. You can help us.